Friday 8 September 2017

Movie Review: IT

After recent cases of disappearing local kids in the town of Derry, Maine, IT follows a group of kids dubbed "The Losers' Club" in the summer of 1989 and their discovery and scary encounters of a shape-shifting demonic entity, known to return every 27 years and preys on your own personal fears.

I felt like I was watching an adventure movie, more so than watching a horror film but I totally enjoy the journey in the film. I like the message of the film that something to ponder on and its cliche horror elements that still works for the audience. The kids in the film were freaking cute and hilarious.  I loved watching them all through out.  Bill Skarsgard is an effective villain and truly scare you as a clown. The visual effects are also great together with its sound effects and soundtrack that are all balanced in creating sense of suspense. The most endearing and engaging parts of the story are with the children and their friendship while the horror elements make this film more exciting. Overall IT is an  scary fun, bordering on true horror.




My Verdict: 4.5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment