Sunday 3 August 2014

Movie Review: K’na, The Dreamweaver

When Kana, a young T'boli woman, becomes a dreamweaver, she has the chance to weave together her village's warring clans. But, will she give up true love to do so?


I would like to commend the cinematography of the film. Ang ganda niyang panoorin on a big screen. Napaka smooth ang glossy ng texture ng film. Color grading is also one big factor I believe in this film, ang ganda ng pagkakatimpla ng color for each scene. It coherent with the mood and tone of the characters on each scene. I also like the flow of the film. Matino yung pagkakabuo ng screenplay ng pelikula. The screenplay is consistent and rational. I also appreciate the production design of the film their costume and the setting.

Mara Lopez is also good in the film for her natural portrayal as the T’boli woman. I appreciate her no acting acting treatment in the film. Same goes to RK Bagatsing and Ms. Erlinda Villalobos they also a good catch in this film. I also like the love story of Mara and RK here, it’s very subtle but its effective for me. The two has chemistry, they look good together. One of my favorite scene is nung sinagot na ni Mara si RK along with the red weaves and rain nakakakilig yung eksenang iyon. I would also like to commend all of the artists for the effort na aralin ang dialogue ng mga T’boli. Kahit they spoke that language all throughout the film naintindihan ko ang pelikula. So overall maayos ang pagkakagawa ng pelikula and I am recommending seeing this film on Cinemalaya 2014.





My Verdict:  4/5



Mara Lopez with T'boli Women @ Gala of K'na The Dreamweaver






No comments:

Post a Comment